Wednesday, January 10, 2007

MY DOMESTIC POLICY IS "FROZEN AND CLEAN"

My 'DOMESTIC POLICY' is FROZEN and CLEAN!
Ok I really should explain...
Each year most of us review our lives - goals, priorities, issues, outcomes.
For me, each yearly review almost always comes back to Frozen and Clean....
(still curious? read on).
When I was in my early 20's I thought "perfect" housekeeping mattered, that cooking (tho I stink at it) should be routinely attempted lol and EVERY piece of laundry in the hamper was a major issue'. In my MID-20's I wondered about the veracity of the previously mentioned points and wavered a bit (ok, ok, I staggared and fell.. lol). AS I slid toward the end of my 20's I decided I was going to have to more or less choose priorities... I know (and have unDYING respect for!) women who can run a business or hold a job, run a household, maintain a good marriage and function within the bounds of sanity all at the same time - in fact I tried to sign up for classes instructing how this is accomplished but DAMN! no one offered any...
Thus I decided I needed to develop a 'DOMESTIC POLICY' that was within my grasp.
So I trimmed the list of MUST DO DAILY.
I re-arranged the list of 'IMPORTANT'
I pondered the meaning of life.
I figured out how many hours it ACTUALLY takes me to run a business well.
I calculated time for fun (like spending time here),
I figured in some time for 'being there' for people I love
(and a few minutes for people I like too :-)
I reviewed time spent with my DH
(still adore him - quite a lot as a matter of fact).
Crunched a few numbers, ate a few twinkies laid it all out with business plan efficiency and clarity. My bottom line (no pun intended!) domestic plan for a life I can both manage and enjoy is this:
A FREEZER FULL OF FROZEN DINNERS & CLEAN UNDERWARE.
Maybe if 2007 is a good year I'll upgrade my domestic policy to include
NEW UNDERWARE and some of the GOOD frozen dinners! lol......Then again the upgrade may have to wait till 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment